A disorder that causes abnormal changes in the curvature of the spine is known as Scoliosis. People suffering from scoliosis develop additional curves on either side of the body. CENTER SPINE INDIA providing Scoliosis Surgery Delhi NCR state that certain types of scoliosis than can cause back pain, rib pain, neck pain, muscle spasms, and abdominal pain. Impairment in the working of the heart and lungs is also observed. Scoliosis observed can vary in the following ranges:
- Mild (curvature varying from 10-20 degrees)
- Moderate (curvature varying from 20-50 degrees)
- Severe (greater than 50 degrees)
Type of scoliosis based on age:
- Infantile idiopathic scoliosis: Less than 3 years
- Juvenile idiopathic scoliosis: Between age of 3-10
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: Between the age of 10-18
Diagnosis and Treatment
Physical examination is the first step taken to diagnose scoliosis followed by X-rays to confirm the severity of curvature changes. As suggested by CENTER SPINE INDIA known for its Spinal tuberculosis Treatment in Gurgaon/, factors such as age, sex, severity and location of the curve play a crucial role in surgical intervention for remediating scoliosis. Curve pattern such as S-Shaped curve (Double curve) are prone to worsening than C-shaped curves in the same span of time. Curve present in thoracic section requires immediate attention compared to curves in the upper or lower spine section. Some of the treatment methods include:
- 1. Braces: When the child's bones are growing and he/she have been diagnosed with moderate scoliosis, braces are recommended to avoid progression of curve.
- 2. Surgery: Spinal fusion is the surgical procedure performed wherein two or more vertebrae are fused together using pieces of bone or a bone-like material betwixt them. Metal rods, hooks, screws or wires are instrumental in holding the fused part of the spine until the old and new bone material fuses. The best hospital for Scoliosis Surgery Delhi NCR is Center Spine India. It recommends adjusting rod in growing children. This rod is attached to the top and bottom sections of the spinal curvature and its length is increased every six months.
CENTER SPINE INDIA, renowned for providing Spinal tuberculosis Treatment in Gurgaon have a dedicated team of expert orthopedic surgeons and neurologists for effectively remediating Scoliosis.