Cervical spine surgery: Various ailments of cervical spine are treated
through anterior or posterior or both anterior plus posterior
approaches as per the need. Anterior cervical surgery is done with a
very small cosmetic incision using surgical microscope to remove and
replace the diseased disc or vertebra at one or multiple levels.
As no muscles are cut during the exposure there is minimal blood loss, less pain after surgery and faster recovery. Posterior approach is used to deal pathology like cranio-cervical instability, C1-C2 instability and cervical spine instability due to trauma, infection or rheumatoid arthritis. Patients start walking the evening of surgery and can start their routine activity as early as 15 days after surgery.
We perform the following cervical spine surgeries
1. Anterior Cervical discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
2. Anterior cervical discectomy and artificial disc replacement
3. Anterior cervical corpectomy, cage replacement and fusion
4. Anterior cervical plating
5. Anterior cervical foraminotomy
6. Posterior Cervical foraminotomy
7. Posterior cervical laminectomy and posterolateral fusion
8. Cervical laminoplasty
9. Posterior occipitocervical fusion
10. C1C2 fusions
11. Cervical deformity correction
12. Cervical fracture surgery
I Ahmed Abdullahi Mussa do here by congratulate the good receptions of Artemis hospital and its staff.
The second congratulations goes to the doctor who have conducted my surgary Dr. HITECH GRAG ad his staff.
Last but not the least, thanks goes to the Government of India and its citizen for the good hospitality they extended to the people of Kenya in all walks.
May God bless us all.