The different types of tumours seen in the spine are
1. Intradural tumours like meningioma, neurofibroma,
2. Extradural tumours
3. Bony tumours like giant cell tumour, chordoma, eosinophilic granuloma, chondrosarcome, osteosarcoma etc
4. Spinal metastasis
5. Multiple myeloma (Bone marrow cancer)
Removal of spinal tumours (Both benign and malignant i.e. cancers) and spinal reconstruction form a major part of our practice. The department is backed by fully equipped medical and surgical oncology unit, radiotherapy department and advanced diagnostics like PET scan, histopathology etc. for complete management of spinal tumours. The different tumours and surgeries performed for spinal tumours are
1. Removal of intradural tumours and decompression of spinal cord
2. Removal of extradural tumours
3. Complete excision of bony tumours and spinal reconstruction with cages and pedicle screw constructs
4. Metastatic tumours of spine stabilization
5. Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty i.e. percutaneous cementing for spinal tumours
I Ahmed Abdullahi Mussa do here by congratulate the good receptions of Artemis hospital and its staff.
The second congratulations goes to the doctor who have conducted my surgary Dr. HITESH GARG ad his staff.
Last but not the least, thanks goes to the Government of India and its citizen for the good hospitality they extended to the people of Kenya in all walks.
May God bless us all.