Strong spine in a healthy functioning body provides optimum protection, flexibility and movement to the body. A healthy spine can be maintained in several ways such as maintaining an active lifestyle, healthy diet intake, adequate rest in the correct sleeping position, wearing proper footwear, meditation etc.
Need for exercises:
One of the most effective way to maintain excellent spinal health issues arising due to stress, sedentary lifestyle can be mitigated with the help of exercises. It can be performed as preventative means for the well maintenance of the spine.
Some of the suggested exercises by best spine specialists are:
- 1.Knee to Chest Stretch - Lie on one’s back with both the heels touching the ground. Move one of the knees towards the chest. Repeat with the other leg.
- 2.Chin to Chest Stretch -While standing or in seated position move your face forward such that the chin touches the chest.
- 3.Ear to Shoulder Stretch -Move the face side wards while sitting or standing to touch one’s shoulder and ear.
- 4.Hip Stretch -In a standing position separated by the width of shoulder keep your feet steady. Bend the left leg while transferring the weight simultaneously on the right side. Keep the right leg straight.
- 5.Back Flexion Exercise - Pull both the knees towards the chest and face stretching towards the knees while lying on one’s back Core Exercises such as Reverse Crunches, front walkout, back walkout, reverse extensions etc. are helpful in combating back issues.
Need for consultation
If an ache, pain and stiffness persist for a long time, there is a need to schedule an appointment with the spine specialist available around. The best spine specialist available can help in diagnosing the root cause for the issue and provide effective remediation. One of the best spine specialists providing expert consultation in Gurgaon at Center Spine India.